Send me a message via our
Doug Pamenter is a registered professional counsellor (RPC) in "good standing" with the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association, and maintains the appropriate liability insurance.
He is currently employed as the lead instructor of the Addictions and Community Services Worker program at CDI College in Surrey, BC. This privileged job ofteaching students how to be effective counsellorsprovides him with the resources to train the students in a variety of “evidence-based” and “best-practice” therapeutic approaches. He is proficient in report writing, delivering public presentations, and adhering to both legal and ethical compliance requirements. His career has been patterned on a commitment to community improvement through involvement with socially conscious agencies and businesses. Doug is also the owner/operator of the following websites:
http://www.RecoveryRoadMap.com (addiction recovery information for the general public),
http://www.RecoveryRoadMap.org (for students and professionals), and
http://www.CoreSpiritCounselling.org (Private Practice Counselling website).
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS:
• Registered Professional Counsellor (R.P.C.) - Canadian Professional Counsellors Association .
• SASSI Certification in Clinical Interpretation & Administration and Scoring.
• Member Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation .
• Inspire Instructor Training, (Levels 1 & 2), Corrinthian Colleges Inc. (2007).
• Professional CSWII Certification, Alberta Correctional Services (1994).
• Youth and Drugs Certification with the Addiction Research Foundation Ontario (1993).
• Addiction Intervention Certification, Alberta Alcohol & Drug Abuse Commission (1992).
• Ongoing First Aid and C.P.R.
• Ongoing Professional workshops.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from the University of Calgary (1989).
• Criminology Diploma from Mount Royal University College in Calgary (1987).
• BC Provincial Instructor ~ Train the Trainer Certification (2007).